1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The Prediction Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Youngdan, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator

It is that time again, where I tell everybody with 100% accuracy and confidence, what the coming year will bring. I am gazing at my crystal balls even as I type. They are crystal because it is 10 degrees f outside. That is minus 12 centigrade, also referred to as chilly. This thread is not for argument. If you disagree just say so if you wish but we do not want rants, memes or any trolling whatsoever. You are requested to make your own differing predictions though, well and good.

1.There will be an election in Ireland in August.It will be the end of Leo.His defeat will be shocking, to him anyway as rural Ireland have a chance to send him prancing.

2.The new Taoiseach will be Michael Martin and he will the less than beautiful Mary Lou as his number 2. This will be a big mistake for them but they will not be able to resist the lure.

3 The National Party will not field any candidates but regardless of that, 3 people will be elected as independents and immediately declare themselves members,and we have a center right party in Ireland finally

4. Donald Trump will not get impeached. Russiagate will be a complete dud and yield nothing at all.

5. The Republican will retain control of both the House and the Senate in November 2018. This will be even more painful to dingbats than Trump winning in 2016 because they are stuck with him then until January 2021.

6. The economy which has boomed under Trump will very early be shown to have run out of steam. Rising interest rates will choke off the real estate bubble and it is allover then.

7.This is the year when we finally see a country break up in Europe.It will be either Italy, Belgium or maybe Spain but all three are on borrowed time.

8. Kim will not be around by year end. My observation a few months ago will be proven correct. The deal has been made and the chinese will either remove him or step aside as he is removed.

9. Israel will have an excellent year as 10 more countries move their embassies or otherwise recognize their capital.

10. The American will admit, that they never went to the moon. The clock is ticking as private billionaires attempt to fly to the moon and they can not be allowed to get fried.

11.There will be an incident similar to few years ago, where house invaders will encounter someone with a double barrel and 2 or 3 people will be killed/injured. This will introduce a serious debate on the rights of self defense there.

12. Bitcoin will have burst and be less the %1000. It weakness is that it does not have a monopoly.

13. There will be a war in Ukraine.The one that will blink is Trump. He will do as Conor says.

That is my lucky 13 for this year. Let's see who can do better.

Trolling posts will be removed

2. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator

Those predictions seem to be reasonable, except for 8,9 and 10. Well, it's possible that the Zionists and their Septic lapdogs will pay 10 desperately poor banana republics to move their embassies to West Jerusalem. I predict a fantastic year for the DPRK and its heroic young Marshal. The DPRK economy will continue to boom, despite the criminal sanctions. And now that Trump and his s-trump-ette Nikki have been well chastised at the UN, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the UN drop these senseless sanctions altogether. As for Venezuela, I see President Maduro continuing to consolidate power and totally sideline the fake CIA terrorist "opposition." No doubt, Russia and China will assist in this process of restoring order. I see oil prices being well supported as global economic activity improves and Russia and OPEC continue to limit supply. This will have a stabilizing effect on Venezuela and the other oil economies, including Russia. Putin will win the Presidential Election without the slightest difficulty, but the CIA will spend millions of dollars trying to influence the election - as it has been doing in all Russian elections since the 1990s. As usual, it will be taxpayers money pissed down the drain - it will have zero effect. I expect the Communist Party of the Russian Federation will have an excellent election, as more and more young people reject the Dictatorship of Corruption that now prevails in Russia. But, it won't be enough to seriously hurt Putin, who is flying high on his successes in Syria and on the Nationalist fervour generated by the Ukraine conflict.

Commodities in general should have a respectable year, as the global economy continues to pick up. Coffee and cocoa have been on the floor for the last year and should do well as more and more people go back to work. Metals, including gold, could have a harder time as Chinese production eases off and the US dollar slowly appreciates.

I don't see interest rates causing a crisis this year, as Dan suggests. The ECB is moving at a snails crawl and won't be raising rates until well into 2019. The Bank of Japan likewise. I'm not looking for any hikes from the Bank of Canada, Reserve Bank of Australia or Reserve Bank of New Zealand. The danger with the ECB is that tapering might throw the likes of Ireland into crisis, as we are still borrowing 600 million euro a month from the ECB and any cut to that will be a serious blow to Varadkar's ability to keep his supporters happy. In short, it should be a pretty quiet year on the interest rate front, with the Fed being the only real mover - and even that might be slow enough. The only real concern at the moment is that returns on junk bonds are much too low. The spread over Treasuries is tiny. In effect, lenders are not being sufficiently compensated for the excess risk they are taking in buying corporate junk, and thus are not building the reserves they will need if they suffer a string of defaults. The last time something like this happened was in 2007, when mortgage backed securities where being insured at much too cheap premiums. This led to a collapse in liquidity when the panic started, as insurers like AIG had not built up enough reserves to honour premiums and calm fears. Anyone with money invested anywhere will have to keep a close eye on the High Yield (Junk) \ Investment Grade spread. If that starts moving wider fast, you know there's big trouble.

But, as Dan says, what recovery there is lacks a real source of energy. Much of it is simply the result of central bank money printing. The big issue for central banks is that companies are not sharing their profits with their workers - they don't have to as mass immigration keeps wages down. This results in the working classes and indeed middle classes having very weak spending power, thus holding back any recovery. But, perhaps the ruling class don't need a recovery - they are making record profits as things are - but will those profits dry up when the central bank money printing stops - as stop it one day must.

In short, I think 2018 will be a year of continued weak global recovery. It will also be a year when global anxiety grows as to why the rich are getting fantastically richer, and everyone else is stagnant or falling in income. I expect that Nationalist parties will continue to gain ground in Europe as more and more people ask themselves how and why they have completely lost control over the societies they live in.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    SwordOfStCatherine likes this.
  3. Tadhg Gaelach

[​IMG]

This is a chart that people are talking about at the moment. Bond yield have been in a down channel since the 1980s, and every time yields try to push up to the top of the channel there has been a recession. At the moment the 10 Year US Treasury is just about touching the top of the channel. It seems to me the explanation for this extraordinarily pronounced down channel is aging population. Old people don't need to borrow as much as young people so lenders can't expect much return. And any time interest rates do go up, society isn't able to handle it as the borrowers, i.e. the young, only have rubbish jobs these days that are often not even permanent. Higher interest rates drive these young borrowers over the edge - and the economy collapses. So Dan could be proved correct. Btw. you might wonder how the world escaped a recession in 1995, but it could be said that those higher interest rates were the cause of the Russian and Argentinian defaults a couple of years later, along with the Asian financial crisis in 1997, which had a severe knock on effect in Japan in particular and also Europe and the US in the early 2000s.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    SwordOfStCatherine and Dublin 4 like this.
  4. OP
    Youngdan

Despite being posting 24 hours a day 365 days a year, this poster has still to realize that nobody reads a rant so I have tidied it up. He is lucky that I in contrast, am an excellent poster, who is read by all.
    Thank you for your input Most Respected Poster Cara Corporal Taidge Gaelach.

PapaQuebec likes this.
  5. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Respected Member Political Irish Donator

I dont think this counts as a prediction, this is a statement of fact. Putin will ensure that he wins the election by any means as he knows that if he doesn't win he is a dead man, he has made many many enemies and needs to remain in power until death, retiring to his Dacha to spend his last days fishing and walking in the forest is not an option open for him.

The recent disqualification of Nalvany from standing against him gives us a sense of what to expect.

My own prediction for 2018 is that it will be a Watershed moment for the fight against Progressivism/ Political Correctness/ Globalism. It will be the year that the political pendulum that has been swinging one way for a couple of decades will start showing signs its turning back the opposite direction.

6. kalipa44

kalipa44 Member Political Irish Donator

Isn't this a trolling post ?

Anyway does it have to be our own predictions or can we post from other sources Youngdan ?

7. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member Political Irish

i predict sinn fein will turn into even bigger wankers and that one of gerry adams rubber ducks will get pregnant.

8. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member Political Irish

i predict sound heads in ireland will put up the best fight of their lives this year and join with anyone - left wing right wing blueshirt muslim travs whatever - to defend our beautiful and innocent unborn kids.

Irish Warrior likes this.
  9. Superhans

Superhans Site Admin Staff Member Site Admin Donator

10. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Political Irish Donator

Toby only posts about Posters or posts about the Site- he's funny sometimes though.

I predict heavier Modding in 2018 :smiley:

GodsDog and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  11. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Political Irish Donator

It's a Ziomatrix & Gaystapo perversion of the Natural Order which went into reverse after UKIP won the UK Euro Elections preceding Brexit.

We have a lot to thank UKIP for.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  12. OP
    Youngdan

Any prediction at all, just credit it where due. This is a yearly tradition, sometimes we get excellent/lucky predictions that we can crow about for years after.

It is a friendly thread. Where everyone's prediction, is as good or as ridiculous as everyone elses.

13. Finished Symphony

Finished Symphony Member Political Irish

The Pope's visit will be a smaller and quieter affair to 1979 and attract hostile protest.

There may be a general election. FF/FG/SF rearrange musical chairs. It doesn't really matter who gets what.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Some of us will still have to put up daily with vulgar, barely civilized bien-pensant cave people with their mystical superstitious nonsense, might is right apologism - rote learned from their favourite red top rags.

14. Tadhg Gaelach

Not a bad summary - even if it lacks some of the subtle points of the original. But isn't there some kind of rule against tampering with other people's posts? Don't worry, I forgive you as you have made my text more easily readable.

Dublin 4 likes this.
  15. OP
    Youngdan

Yes. Tampering is verbotem, but I wished a nice summary as best I could. The origonal is kept above it.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  16. OP
    Youngdan

GodsDog likes this.
  17. OP
    Youngdan

I am going to add another prediction.

The public will get to see what was on Anthony Weiner's laptop. It will supply the evidence to lead to the arrest of Clinton for the Uranium Deal. There is sexual stuff on there as well that will see big democrats arrested and we are not talking groping, we are talking Child and satanism. It is all there. I think Trump is going to drop the hammer on them. Some sort of deal has been done with Debbie Wassermanns Shultz's IT guy. This is complicated and extremely juicy

Trump draws attention to case against ex-Dem IT aide Imran Awan

This is of course to good to be true.

This is what Trump tweeted I Friday

“Whatever happened to this Pakistani guy who worked with the DNC?”

That is a good question, and of course he knows the answer.

Happy New Year indeed.

18. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Respected Member Political Irish Donator

Have you a source that backs up his apparent "respected" status?

Reads like textbook GlobalResearch/ ZeroHedge bolloxology to me.

Edit - Googled to see who the heck the saker is. Looks like his predictions made in 2014 were as bollox as his predictions this year.

He predicted that Ukraine will be gone - wrong - Ukraine is still around as much as ever in far ruder health than it was back then.

He predicted that NovoRussia will come into existence and remain so - Wrong, NovoRussia never came into existence in the first place.

Crimea - the Jury is still out.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  19. Plasticpaddy

Plasticpaddy Member Political Irish

I think Brexit will carry on warts and all,and Mrs.May will stay for at least the year.
    I've a hunch this will be the year,that we will have proof of and contact with intelligent life on another planet.
    Islamic terror attacks will die out or be stopped in the West.
    Another country will leave the EU.
    Korea will unite or come very close to it.
    People will see themselves as world citizens and want world democracy and unity.
    Ireland will get closer to unity,and more Irish people will want to leave the EU.

20. jmcc

jmcc Member Political Irish

How is Didn'Sell doing these days? Did Siteserv/Actavo ever break into the US market and float on the "stock exchange"? Could there be troubled times ahead for IN&M?

Germany looks problematic and negotiations are still ongoing over the new government. The price may be Merkel's head on a platter. Else it is a new election that could see a shift to the right.

Micheal Martin replaced as leader of FF and the end of the FF/FG collaboration.

Labour considers running Howlin as candidate for president as FF/FG decide to run their own candidates against the Frontline/RTE "president" Mickey D.

Over extension and falling advertising revenues create problems for the Irish Times.

Attempted imposition of an Internet/Broadcast tax leads to the fall of the govenrment and politicians being chased away by dogs while electioneering. Labour returns with one seat (Alan Kelly) and a new leader (Alan Kelly). :)

NK nuclear test fizzles and causes widespread damage and casualties. Influx of NK refugees to China prompts China to act.

Disposal of Merkel by the German electorate leads to the elimination of Drunken Juncker and a lot of the pro-German politburo in Brussels. New faultlines emerge over split over illegal immigration quotas and the power of the unelected politburo in Brussels is seriously curtailed by what follows. Worstcase scenario would be EUnuchs being killed. (EU winelake becomes a problem again if Drunken Juncker is killed :) ) Poland and some of the other Eastern EU countries become an integrated voting bloc within the EU parliament.