1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The Prediction Thread 2018

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Youngdan, Dec 28, 2017.

1. OP
    Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator

Did I say I agreed with him?
    This is the prediction thread and this fellow The Saker, who is widely read has made plenty of predictions.
    Maybe he will be totally wrong in everything, who knows. The idea is to see how many hits, if any, he gets in the year.

If you have other guys who you have more faith in, then post them here.

Or if you yourself, as a respected observor, wish to have a go, then that too would be very welcome.

2. OP
    Youngdan

Fantastic. Your post and that of JMCC are exactly the idea of the thread. Posters that are not afraid to take a stab and risk looking foolish. The place is full of yahoo's that think they know it all, but they can not even predict the past.
    Thank you both

Plasticpaddy likes this.
  3. El Chaval.

El Chaval. Member Political Irish

LOL.
    I think Number 2 is more likely than No.3.
    And that's saying something.

GodsDog and Plasticpaddy like this.
  4. Plasticpaddy

Plasticpaddy Member Political Irish

Thanks let the laughs keep coming.
    I think Mr.Trump will stay in power but lose the next election.
    I think division and violence in the USA will reach boiling point and lead to a rethink and change.
    Mr.Putin may well lose power but no real change in the Russian system just a change in the personality.
    People will be amazed and frightened by development in robots,science and artificial intelligence.People will demand laws that protect human safety and rights in this area.

Youngdan likes this.
  5. OP
    Youngdan

I predict McCain is going to die. That is obvious of course so the thing is to predict the exact date. My prediction is January the 14th. Rip and all that baloney included of course, we are all nice guys here.

Beware the Ides of January.

6. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Political Irish

Crimea is as Russian as Moscow. That's off the table. The Ukrainian aggression will slowly wind down through exhaustion and they'll finally respond to the Minsk agreements.

Iran is in for a year of headaches with Mossad and the US Deep State attempting to sow discord there but the Iranian government will remain resolute.

Both little Kim and Trump will be there for the long haul. Trump will tighten his economic siege but to no avail. In the long run, Trump will win his 2nd term, no problemo.

Here in Ireland that baby-killing referendum will be dogged with controversy, delays and will eventually fail causing huge ructions as the entire regime is committed to it.

Youngdan likes this.
  7. Plasticpaddy

Plasticpaddy Member Political Irish

,Plans to colonise Mars will progress
    Huge advances in medical science and genetics will amaze people,and lead to fears of a wealthy elite gaining a huge advantage over others.
    China and Russia will continue on their mixture of bourgeois and brutal undemocratic capitalist society.There will be a greater demand for democracy in these countries.
    Kim Jong Un may be the victim of a coup as others in NK find him a dangerous liability,as well as wanting more personal wealth and power,and a more prosperous NK, without him.

Youngdan likes this.
  8. GodsDog

GodsDog Member Political Irish

we live in hope!! :D

9. GodsDog

GodsDog Member Political Irish

The gradual and insidious move to NIRP will continue quietly
    Runaway Train Towards Full Digitization of Money and Labor - Indymedia Ireland

As will the continued encroachment into, spying on and engineering of our perceived reality by a few large corporations
    on behalf of the elites and governments.

AI and robots will continue to erode job security
    The Robot Revolution: - Indymedia Ireland

The EU will finally have it's own army. Yay! Jobs Jobs Jobs for the Irish Lisbon voters!

Disaffected citizens will continue to express what little political power they have left against the tide of dystopian changes in their societies
    by making further "fuck you" votes for "difficult" right wing nationalist candidates in an attempt to stick it to the globalist elites and their agendas.

The re colonisation of Africa will continue apace helped along by jihadist mercenaries who seem to come by funding, expensive weaponry and 4 wheel drive trucks remarkably easily, with surprisingly little coverage of their many horrific atrocities by the media in what is a now quite a predictable pattern

Here in Ireland we will continue to squabble over political correct bullshite topics fed to us to distract us from what's really going on including whether to keep sending young girls abroad to have their abortions rather than just having them here, which seems more like a problem of geography not morality and which mostly just serves to discriminate against those of lesser means. Meanwhile the FG/FF bait and switch neoliberal traitor puppet show will continue to erode and privatise everything, compromise worker rights, sell off our country on the cheap to foreign vulture funds, load us with debt, undermine our sovereignty and neutrality to an unaccountable EU and various large financial institutions, kiss the asses of various ruthless tax dodging US corporations while screwing indigenous small businesses to the wall, let white collar criminals walk away scott free while we are bogged down in expensive tribunals, load more and more stealth taxes on an already overburdened populace, all while continuing to feather their own nests at the expense of those they are riding red raw for their foreign elite lords and masters (i.e. not us)

In other words plus ca change.

In other news, I am considering becoming a heroin addict / alcoholic
    as a means of blotting out all the horrors coming down the pipe in 2018
    that I am powerless to do anything much about except to rant impotently on the internet.
    any useful lifestyle tips are appreciated from seasoned campaigners on PoliticalIrish!! :p

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Plasticpaddy and Youngdan like this.
  10. Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member Political Irish

Our leader Leo will bring greens to Trump in March possibly wearing red white and blue socks
    May will inch closer to a deal that brings the benefits of being in the EU and adhering to EU laws but having no voting rights an sfa influence
    Kim will be ousted and NK will look South for unification
    The PA and PLO will push on for a peace accord despite the Embassy issue, great progress will be made the prize of huge economic growth and prosperity for Palestinains and Israelis is the imperative. The nay sayers will be left behind.
    The Syrian war will end as Assad wipes out resistance.
    There will be an election in Ireland the outcome will see MM as Taoiseach and Coveney as Tainaiste a Cork one two
    Liverpool will make it 6 without Couthino
    Dublin will reach 4 in a row and set themselves up for a year in which they can be the greatest ever team.
    KK will regain the hurling title Cody will resign
    Martin O'Neill will go to Forest
    Rory will win the Masters
    Haye will beat Bellew by KO
    AJ WILL topple Wilder and dismantle Fury
    Leeds will be back in
    the Premiership
    Charles will be King
    MC will win the Prem MU miss out on the CL
    Wenger will announce that nex
    t season will be his last season
    Rovers will win the double
    Cork will advance to the group stages of the Europa
    Leinster will be top dogs in Europe
    A massive Oil find in Alaska will drop fuel prices and temporarily slow down progress with Electric cars
    Ireland will announce plans to investigate nuclear power

I'd be very surprised if all of this does not come to pass

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Youngdan likes this.
  11. OP
    Youngdan

Good stuff. The midterm election for the Senate is intriguing. The Republican have a massive advantage. There will be I believe 34 seat up but the democrats are defending about 23. So they can oonly gain on the others which happen to be pretty safe.

The real action is in the primaries in those republican races where Bannon is running at least 7 candidates to defeat rinos. He might oust them. Then they would struggle to win in november. But even a Democrat winning is better than the rino winning. Hopefully he will primary the House as well.