1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The random chat/waffle thread

Discussion in 'Chat' started by London, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Devastatingly true a chara.

2. Finished Symphony

Finished Symphony Member Political Irish

'We decided not to remove the Deaf gene and let nature take its course'

Presenter Sarah-Jane Moloney is proud to be Deaf, but she was relieved her two babies would not face the same barriers she did.

In a new RTÉ documentary, Moloney spoke of the decision she and her husband Conan made when asked at their IVF clinic in Spain whether they wanted to remove the Deaf gene – an issue that has caused controversy in the Deaf community.
    “We decided we didn’t want that, we wanted to let nature take its course.”

Why would I want to remove a part of them that’s from me? I love that I’m Deaf. I know some people might think that’s a strange thing to say but it’s a huge part of who I am and if I removed it, then what would that say about me and my friends and my family?
    It would only be after the birth of their son and daughter that they would find out whether they could hear. Moloney said she feels she is “a strong Deaf person” because growing up her mother told her she could do anything. She too, “would teach her children to embrace their deafness as part of their identity” if they were born Deaf.
    In an interview ahead of the birth of her baby boy and girl, however, she said she wanted them to be born hearing.

“Some Deaf people would be shocked to hear me say that, they’d be offended as if I’m saying there’s something wrong with being deaf that it’s a disability,” Moloney said.

'We decided not to remove the Deaf gene and let nature take its course'

Just wow. Fucking wow. WTF is wrong with some people? Just too much stupid for me this morning.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    smurftool likes this.
  3. smurftool

smurftool Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

The more I grow older, the more I think the human race is just a mistake on this beautiful planet. The human race is just full of stupid.

Earnán Ó Maille likes this.
  4. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

They did not remove the dumb gene either ​

5. smurftool

smurftool Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I chose not to watch the oscars, gave up years ago when I discovered the movies they give awards too are often nothing more than shyte that only win because they are full of liberal agendas.

Last night was no exception.

Moonlight won the award for best movie, after the award first being given by mistake to La La Land, it was soon corrected and handed out to a movie that features an all black cast. The media are falling over themselves to tell us how Hollywood has moved with the times and finally recognizing movies like this that celebrate diversity and equality by featuring an all black cast! Can you imagine the outcry if a movie featured an all white cast? It certainly wouldn't be winning any Oscars and thats for sure!

Not only is the movie crap, it hasn't grossed that much worldwide, just 28 million US Dollars with 21 Million from US Audiences. Put that in contrast to Star Wars (Rogue One) Which grossed over 1 Billion US Dollars and not one Oscar for the movie!

A look at three defining chapters in the life of Chiron, a young black man growing up in Miami. His epic journey to manhood is guided by the kindness, support and love of the community that helps raise him.

Initial release: October 21, 2016 (USA)
    Director: Barry Jenkins
    Box office: 22.4 million USD

[​IMG]

The Potato Mystic and 2pacs like this.
  6. 2pacs

2pacs Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

A film about Gay Lesbian Black people with no white people in it?

Hell, this movie was guaranteed the Oscar once the screenplay had been wrote.

7. Lara

Lara New Member Political Irish

So much Fail!

8. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I was done yesterday in Newport RI to visit one of the Mansions. The Marble House that cost 11 million in the 1800s. Taidhg, you would have loved it.

9. Finished Symphony

Morpheus: The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

The Matrix 1999.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  10. anderson

anderson Respected Member Battle Royale Political Irish

One of these dress things again ,guess the colour.

[​IMG]

I see Red strawberries.

What do you see?

11. Goaty

Goaty Member Political Irish

Jaysus, I have a craving for strawberries now.

12. tayto lover

tayto lover New Member Political Irish

I dont get it?

13. Goaty

He or she died roaring in the bed. I'm sure you have heard the expression. People really do die roaring in the bed though. Some gasp, some gargle and more rattle. But what is not known or simply ignored is the multiple death phenomena occurring among the elderly in public hospitals. One individual will begin to die roaring in the bed. In peace, and this will cause the individual in the neighbouring bed to begin to die roaring. Causing the next individual to die roaring. Until the whole ward are dying roaring in their beds. Its rare and it may be ignored because it frees up a ward of beds overnight.
    I finally got strawberries yesterday. I bought a strawberry cheesecake yesterday from my local Supervalu. At the reduced price of two euros!

That is all.

2pacs likes this.
  14. 2pacs

2pacs Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Still on the sauce?

15. Goaty

Don't be silly. I'm an intellectual. :rolleyes:

16. Finished Symphony

Love offbeat humour.

[​IMG]

Despair Bears! Hurray!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"But you made Care Bears creepy and weird"

No. Wrong. The Care Bears were always creepy and weird
    The Bears are: Kierkegaard (red), Heidegger (yellow), Nietzsche (green), Sartre (blue), and Beauvoir (pink). The symbols are a cross (Christianity), a U for ubermensh, and "nothing" for nothingness for Sartre. The other two symbols don't mean anything special.

For Heidegger, the way we understand the world is by understanding its possibilities. For example, I understand a hammer by understanding its possible use to me (driving in nails). When we apply this to ourselves however, we have to understand that our ultimate possibility is always death, so we can only understand our life through the lens of it culminating in our death. This is what he means by "BeingTowardsDeath." This causes two things, first, the feeling of "angst" when looking at our future, because we know that we have only a finite amount of time, and we have to make choices with what to do with that time. For example, if we choose to marry instead of travel the world, we will forever live with that choice; and the fact that it effectively killed off the possible person who would travel the world. Angst, for Heidegger, wasn't necessarily a bad thing and shouldn't be avoided by distracting yourself and trying to think about other things. The other aspect of BeingTowardsDeath is looking back at the past and reflecting on the decisions that we've made, this causes "guilt". Because each choice had cut off possible lives for us, and for those around us, we have to live with the guilt of choosing. I'm not the clearest on Heidegger, and this a very brief summary, but if you are interested in Heidegger you should watch Hubert Dreyfus's lecture series on YouTube, or just some shorter interviews with him. He is one of the best at explaining Heidegger clearly.

Kierkegaard was also big on how the act of making choices in our finite life would express itself as anxiety and anguish. Nietzsche thought we should not accept "herd morality" or anything else from the "herd", and forge our own path in life. Sartre emphasized that these choices stem from our freedom, and like the others, we should not run away from that freedom, but embrace it. In regarding moral questions, Beauvoir said that we can never have any certainly about what the right moral system is, or even how to apply a moral system to a given situation. Despite the fundamental ambiguity of what we should do, we must act anyway (Existential Comics)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  17. Radioactive

Radioactive Member Political Irish

I see Truth.ie has quit P.ie.

Another good poster leaving the liberal infested cesspit.

Would be great if he/she came and posted over here, good poster and well worth reading.

18. euroking

euroking New Political Irish

Just seen the clocks have gone forward.

Now 2AM!

Hate these poky daylight saving things.

19. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

An hour stolen. I never feel quite right the Sunday afterwards.

anderson likes this.
  20. anderson

anderson Respected Member Battle Royale Political Irish

I didnt even realise till i seen this thread!