• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The U.S. Intervention In Afghanistan.

maxflinn

Legend
Donator
Well I guess we may as well have a thread on this now that things are going to ramp up again there :rolleyes:

This video is well worth watching to get an idea of how the sick military industrial complex - which of course needs war to generate the massive profits for itself - works.

As a taste of what's in it, the guy being interviewed said that in the three months leading up to Obama's announcement that yet more troops were to be sent to Afghanistan in 2009, so-called 'defence contractors' spent $30,000,000 lobbying Congress for more intervention there:

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
The Seppos don't have a snowflakes chance in hell of beating the Afghans in their own country, but then, the Seppo Military Industrial Complex is very well aware of that. The point is not to win - but to transfer taxpayer money into the pockets of the Oligarch families who own the arms industry.

Anglophile

Respected Member
Kneejerk anti American twats who rail against their war machine and only have the 'welfare'
of Afghanis at heart, should visit and offer the Taliban some charity....

OP
OP
maxflinn

maxflinn

Legend
Donator
Whatever about Trump's real intentions as president, I do feel that he loves his country and wouldn't send young Americans into battle without a damn good reason if it was 'really' up to him.

Sadly I don't think it is, but when they start coming home in bodybags he'll get the blame.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Whatever about Trump's real intentions as president, I do feel that he loves his country and wouldn't send young Americans into battle without a damn good reason if it was 'really' up to him.

Sadly I don't think it is, but when they start coming home in bodybags he'll get the blame.

Trump is clueless when it comes to foreign affairs. And a clueless man is more dangerous than one who knows what he's doing.

America's Afghanistan outpost is cardinal to the American Empire. If America can be driven off the World Island then their Empire is finally finished.

Trump's surge is just increasing the numbers of twoops from that of a small town to a slightly less small town. You'd probably need a million mountain trained warriors to subdue Afghanistan lol. OK, Americans have superduper bombs and alot of fancy tech but what can you do when even Afghanistan's neighbours are antagonised by your presence? Nothing lasting, that's what.

Anglophile

Respected Member
The Taliban head hacker savages who terrorize, enslave and murder their own citizens are preferred to Americans fighting them?

Quelle surprise....