• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The voices of Europe

I remember when we had a proud Irish nation and I took my children to see this great event. We were one.

"Catholic nationalism" is incompatible with Irish nationalism.

A significant chunk of the populace on the Island of Ireland are emphatically not Catholic, particularly in the north east.
And quite a few ethnically Irish people in the south, like myself, are non-Catholic.

To conclude, Irish Catholic nationalism is an oxymoron.

Catholic nationalism is incompatible with Irish nationalism.

A significant chunk of the Island of Ireland are emphatically not Catholic, particularly in the north east.
And quite a few ethnically Irish people, like myself, are non-Catholic.

To conclude, Irish Catholic nationalism is an oxymoron.
No, you're a moron please don't demand that I jump inboard with your silly shit.

No, you're a moron please don't demand that I jump inboard with your silly shit.
I was convinced you were a sock account the other day. I now suspect I was wrong.
I sincerely apologise for the confusion.
It's one of the pitfalls of anonymous forums.

Now, getting back to the point.
I see don't Catholic nationalism and Irish nationalism as being compatible.
The island of Ireland has a very significant non-Catholic population.

This isn't an attack on freedom of religion (I'm opposed to forced secularisation). It's merely a statement of fact.

Anything other than strict separation between church and state isn't feasible (nor desirable, IMO)

I was convinced you were a sock account the other day; hence my suspicion.
I sincerely apologise for the confusion.
It's one of the pitfalls of anonymous forums.

Now, getting back to the point.
I see don't Catholic nationalism and Irish nationalism as being compatible.
The island of Ireland has a very significant non-Catholic population.

This isn't an attack on freedom of religion (I'm opposed to forced secularisation). It's merely a statement of fact.

Anything other than strict separation between church and state isn't feasible (nor desirable, IMO)
Well, Putin has created the symphony of church and state in Russia. It really doesn't have to be one or the other, that's Communism.

Well, Putin has created the symphony of church and state in Russia. It really doesn't have to be one or the other, that's Communism.
Russia lacks a classical liberal tradition.
There was no Russian John Locke or Frederic Bastiat.
And most Russians were serfs up until 1861.

Haven't said that, even Russia has formal separation between church and state.
Non-Orthodox Russians have the same legal rights as everyone else in that country.

As for the broader question of the relationship between church and state, the U.S founding fathers had the right idea IMO:
Freedom of, and Freedom from Religion.

Spearmint

Political Irish

Douglas Murray: STOP Welfare Immigration and Cultural „Enrichment“

As usual Douglas is Excellent is his speech.