• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

TheJournal.ie Ban?

bandypane

Political Irish
Anyone's Twitter account banned from TheJournal.ie - I've been unable to post there all week. Not that I'm overly concerned or anything, would still like to have a voice against the blatant liberal bias there.
Did they say why you were banned?

I make it a point to never use my main email or real names for anything online.

OP
OP
TheLoneHurler
Nope, just cannot post a comment. It says "comment posted successfully" but it never appears on the page. No contact from the Journal either. I use the same name as here.

Oh sure you're a nobody until you've been banned from d'journal at least once.
I used to praise their liberal attitude to the comment section until my first ban.
One hate fact too many though and eventually they cut you off.
It seems if they banned everyone opposed to their agenda, their comment section would be pretty barren so maybe that's why they're not harder on the ban-hammer.
What got me the first time was a listing a number of recent brutal rape cases involving migrants and their short sentences (or in some cases none).
Can't remember what the second was for.
Don't know if I'll bother again but they seemed to have culled a lot of Trump supporters.
There is too much Trumpophobia on there that needs responding to.
They must be cacking it over the election.
They seem to print one Trump-hate article a day.

I take one look at the journal and go 'nope'. Too many petit authoritarian hall monitor types patrolling their little empire. And of course when times threaten their little shangra-la, the censorship goes into overdrive.

Thargor

Political Irish
Used my Facebook account once, big mistake, started getting idiots trolling me on facebook.

Now I just view the Journal.ie without commenting.

Earnán Ó Maille

Respected Member
Banned
Any of our worst posters, would crush posters from any other site, in a straight head-to-head debate, on almost any issue, but power comes from the barrel of a gun, and the Feminists are capable of anything! That is the only explanation for the exodus of drunks from other sites to this one. They must be driving the men of Érin to the drink, and then they turn up here in the agony aunt corner..

Any of our worst posters, would crush posters from any other site, in a straight head-to-head debate, on almost any issue, but power comes from the barrel of a gun, and the Feminists are capable of anything! That is the only explanation for the exodus of drunks from other sites to this one. They must be driving the men of Érin to the drink, and then they turn up here in the agony aunt corner..
Some are here because I am here.

I posted there briefly for a short period, but I wasn't banned. I don't post there anymore, but I still read articles on it occasionally.
The forum was useful for me in regard to IW and redacted. I completed what I wanted to do. At present I'm pretty much taking a break from forums. My activity has dropped by 80% I'd say. Now I read and watch for the most part and leave commenting to others. When I say watch its mostly Youtube and documentaries and Vinnie on tv3 sometimes. Opposing IW and redacted was quite tiring and quite trying.

Earnán Ó Maille

Respected Member
Banned
I've lost track of what was happening in the IW campaign, and I only popped in to one or two of the monster meetings, but I understand what you mean, and where you are coming from when you say it is quite tiring. I actually see forums like this as a sort of mini-refuge from the chaos for political anoraks. I'm not joking when I say it took 20 goats to do the work one goat can do now before the arrival of t'internet. If I had 600 goats at my disposal, I could have taken Cornwall and Mann back in the morning..

Sinbad

Donator
Political Irish
The forum was useful for me in regard to IW and redacted. I completed what I wanted to do. At present I'm pretty much taking a break from forums. My activity has dropped by 80% I'd say. Now I read and watch for the most part and leave commenting to others. When I say watch its mostly Youtube and documentaries and Vinnie on tv3 sometimes. Opposing IW and redacted was quite tiring and quite trying.
Still lots of work to do in regards to Irish Water, the issue hasnt gone away.

Still lots of work to do in regards to Irish Water, the issue hasnt gone away.
I hear you Sinbad. I was up to my neck in water there for awhile. On leave at present. When the day comes, I sincerely hope it doesn't. I will have my day in court and a spell in prison. Courtesy of IW and my State.

ChickenLittle

Political Irish
I hear you Sinbad. I was up to my neck in water there for awhile. On leave at present. When the day comes, I sincerely hope it doesn't. I will have my day in court and a spell in prison. Courtesy of IW and my State.
I still havent received my registration pack!