• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

TheJournal.ie Ban?

Earnán Ó Maille

Respected Member
Banned
No intention of ever complying, i will never give those crooks the time of day.

If we all stand togeather we will win.
They bullied people into paying. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I didn't put the foot down, and demand that the bill-payer in my house refuse to pay. I live with an elderly woman. Not paying a bill to someone like that, is the equivalent of stealing. You could pay them £10 a week, and charge them £1,000 for water, and they will still think the bills should be paid.

Last edited:

Earnán Ó Maille

Respected Member
Banned
I hear you Sinbad. I was up to my neck in water there for awhile. On leave at present. When the day comes, I sincerely hope it doesn't. I will have my day in court and a spell in prison. Courtesy of IW and my State.
Don't let them grind you down Goats. I won two court cases against the State in the last two years alone. They also dropped charges they had against me in another separate case. An Ombudsman and a Judge in two separate cases ruled in my favor. I was shocked I tell ya!

The local elections are three years away. I think 2019 is D-Day for the Anti-Water Charges Campaign. If it doesn't transfer into votes for that collective then, it never will.

Sinbad

Donator
Political Irish
Don't let them grind you down Goats. I won two court cases against the State in the last two years alone. They also dropped charges they had against me in another separate case. An Ombudsman and a Judge in two separate cases ruled in my favor. I was shocked I tell ya!

The local elections are three years away. I think 2019 is D-Day for the Anti-Water Charges Campaign. If it doesn't transfer into votes for that collective then, it never will.
They are just praying that by not enforcing the charges now the anger will have faded by then.

Earnán Ó Maille

Respected Member
Banned
They are just praying that by not enforcing the charges now the anger will have faded by then.
They've 3 years. That's it. To channel that anger into votes. Conditions on the ground are also going to dictate that activists get sucked into housing issues, and drawn away from the water charges campaign. If what the poster is saying about being abused by the police is true, and I've seen bucket loads of evidence to know that abuse has become the norm so I will take them at face value, and accept what they are saying is true. If I was in their position, I would consider running for election to highlight the abuse. However, if you challenge the police in public, they are going to come after you. They'll put the squeeze on you. Maybe poke around upstairs. You would not believe the half of what goes on! Grease a mans hand with a few coins, he could maybe tell you some stories, ya know wha' a mean amigo?

Earnán Ó Maille

Respected Member
Banned
Even those here before you, are here because of you, Mr Goat

Last night as I lay dreaming
Of pleasant days gone by
My mind being bent on rambling
To the mountains I did fly
I stepped on board a vision
And followed with the wind
Till next I came to anchor
At a cross near the Caha Hills

I paid a flying visit
To my first and only love
She's as white as any lily
And as gentle as a dove
She threw her arms around me
Saying, "Goats, I love you still"
She's Kathleens only daughter
She's the pride of Hungry Hill

I dreamt I held and kissed her
As in the days of yore
She said 'Goats you must be jokin'
As many a Goat before
Then the cock he crew in the morning
He crew both loud and shrill
I awoke in Mountjoy Prison
Far from the Caha Hills

Last night as I lay dreaming
Of pleasant days gone by
My mind being bent on rambling
To the mountains I did fly
I stepped on board a vision
And followed with the wind
Till next I came to anchor
At a cross near the Caha Hills

I paid a flying visit
To my first and only love
She's as white as any lily
And as gentle as a dove
She threw her arms around me
Saying, "Goats, I love you still"
She's Kathleens only daughter
She's the pride of Hungry Hill

I dreamt I held and kissed her
As in the days of yore
She said 'Goats you must be jokin'
As many a Goat before
Then the cock he crew in the morning
He crew both loud and shrill
I awoke in Mountjoy Prison
Far from the Caha Hills

Dance, dance where ever you may be
I am the goat of the dance said he
and I lead you all where ever you may be
and I lead you all to the dance said he.

Dublin 4

Legend
Donator
Didn't know there was a "Liberal" Bias on the Journal- I thought it was ran by the Gaystapo.

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator
That is acting the goat

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Not much of a difference these days, mind you - they do publish the odd article to throw the scent: http://www.thejournal.ie/gender-imbalance-irish-teachers-3018754-Oct2016/
Good comment on there:

A gender imbalance in most professions is regarded as compelling evidence of discrimination. Here, apparently, it is that not enough men are attracted into teaching.

“we need to do more research to discover what dissuades men from becoming teachers”.

Why not just lay some gender quotas down?