• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

TheJournal.ie Ban?

I take one look at the journal and go 'nope'. Too many petit authoritarian hall monitor types patrolling their little empire. And of course when times threaten their little shangra-la, the censorship goes into overdrive.
I find it a well managed and well moderated site ...and extremely popular....probably 10 times the post volume of Political Irish

They have done a good job of keeping the Headbangers and Cloud Pilots out ...which is one of the reasons for their runaway success....

I find it a well managed and well moderated site ...and extremely popular....probably 10 times the post volume of Political Irish

They have done a good job of keeping the Headbangers and Cloud Pilots out ...which is one of the reasons for their runaway success....
Ah, this is the problem. You favour quantity and the great unwashed, I favour quality and a smart elite.

There's zero diversity of opinion over there and most of the posters are plodding types who are barely literate. We don't need that kind of rabble here.

Journal is owned by the same team as Boards.ie. there is your problem.
and look what happened to boards.ie

Its main purpose was EU propaganda . to make irish people hate themselves and their country and vote Yes in EU referendums .

if you resisted , you were hit with infractions , put in the prison forum and eventually banned by moderators who were probably working out of a Brussels based office with an A-Z handbook for europhile propagandists

This is why I'm paranoid now about all Irish Websites , you dont know who is behind them including this website.

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin

Its main purpose was EU propaganda . to make irish people hate themselves and their country and vote Yes in EU referendums .

if you resisted , you were hit with infractions , put in the prison forum and eventually banned by moderators who were probably working out of a Brussels based office with an A-Z handbook for europhile propagandists

This is why I'm paranoid now about all Irish Websites , you dont know who is behind them including this website.
Id love to get a mega pay deal from the EU!

Sadly they are not offering! :D

Posted from 10 Downing Street on my Nokia 1611

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator

It does not matter who Hans and Rick are, as they have not banned anyone or curtailed anyone that I know of yet except one poster who is back under his real name as afar as I know.

If this site were a government run site, there would be maybe 10 professional posters to generate volumn. I think it is safe to say that the most ardent posters could hardly be classed as professional.

Furthermore, I would not be a mod. The other mods I assume are just regular Joe Smos and they reject the vast majority of reported posts. I don't see anyone curtailing anybody

It does not matter who Hans and Rick are, as they have not banned anyone or curtailed anyone that I know of yet except one poster who is back under his real name as afar as I know.

If this site were a government run site, there would be maybe 10 professional posters to generate volumn. I think it is safe to say that the most ardent posters could hardly be classed as professional.

Furthermore, I would not be a mod. The other mods I assume are just regular Joe Smos and they reject the vast majority of reported posts. I don't see anyone curtailing anybody
People complain about Politics.ie but Boards.ie bans holocaust revisionists , Irish Republicans and Evangelical Prods almost automatically.

The modding here is sincerely Classical Liberal. You can say a lot on here that would get you a ban on P.ie and P.ie is actually pretty liberal though erratic in it's modding.

People complain about Politics.ie but Boards.ie bans holocaust revisionists , Irish Republicans
What about Nodin, Junkyard Tom, End of the Road and Davycc?

Unionist posters are untouched, too. Even Our Man in Havana didn't get site-banned for his discriminatory comments about Irish/Catholics: boards.ie - View Single Post - RTE Guide's take on the queens's speech

Anyone who complains about immigration ends up on the mods' or admins' hitlist. Since immigration creates demand for housing and high rates of immigration inflate property vales and rent, I've always gotten the impression Daft Media bought shares in Boards so they can sanitise the message board of any right wing nationalist posters, while allowing Nodin to troll with impunity - Nodin even had a yellow card rescinded by Mr E after he called a poster Mein Fuhrer.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97173908#post97173908

Login to Boards.ie

What about Nodin, Junkyard Tom, End of the Road and Davycc?

Unionist posters are untouched, too. Even Our Man in Havana didn't get site-banned for his discriminatory comments about Irish/Catholics: boards.ie - View Single Post - RTE Guide's take on the queens's speech

Anyone who complains about immigration ends up on the mods' or admins' hitlist. Since immigration creates demand for housing and high rates of immigration inflate property vales and rent, I've always gotten the impression Daft Media bought shares in Boards so they can sanitise the message board of any right wing nationalist posters, while allowing Nodin to troll with impunity - Nodin even had a yellow card rescinded by Mr E after he called a poster Mein Fuhrer.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97173908#post97173908

Login to Boards.ie

It's ages of ages since I looked at it- if I started posting there I would be perma-banned within a week and actually I'm pretty much a "Vicar's daughter" type. Is the sleazy PUP character still posting on it?