1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

This year, Tesco's Christmas will have everything - except Christians

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Tony

Tony New Member

2. Dadaist

Dadaist Member Political Irish

Is the reason why they use such tactics.

Tony likes this.
  3. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

But presumably the object of advertising is not to make the public despise you.

Kershaw and Tony like this.
  4. Dadaist

A subjective matter, for sure.

More than a quarter of people in the UK shop at Tesco.

5. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

That type of Forced Diversity advertising doesn't do them any favours whatsoever.

It's a result of dizzy marketing graduates essentially thinking that the cash-cow that is The Diversity Industry is representative of mainstream thinking when in reality the mainstream doesn't think in terms of the suicide cult that is social engineering. People are very attached to the traditional Christmas aesthetic and don't like that being upended. Not enough to trigger a wave of defections from Tesco, afterall, coin comes first but it does irk people.

Kershaw and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  6. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Because its cheap - not because they like it.

SwordOfStCatherine likes this.
  7. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

It's interesting here in Blanchardstown village (not the shopping center) if you go to Supervalue you'll see the majority of shoppers and staff are Irish. If you go to Tesco nearly all the shoppers and staff are migrants. It's clear that Tesco has targeted the migrants with cheap products and below cost alcohol. I'm sure the migrant market is vital to Tesco in England too.

8. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Tesco are powerful because they are -- insofar as I know -- the only crew that stock things in bulk and are cheap. They have all the brand names there.

Supervalus are small and expensive, Lidl/Aldi stores aren't that big but they don't do much of the names brand, M& S are expensive of course.

If these things were just down to a matter of cost and choice, Tescos are like a shopping gravity well. Everyone would go there. It's an excellent business model but of course there's a chronic controversy over their treatment of their workers.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  9. Kershaw

Kershaw Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I think some of it has do to with getting a brief to target different races but only having one family in the script so they compromise by going with a mixed family but when they all do that, it looks weird.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  10. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

It's also the fact that the lines for the checkout are usually really long in Tesco Blanchardstown and the isles are usually crowded with Africans and other migrants. That means that any Irish that are not desperate for money will go to Supervalue. Supervalue has an in house bakery and a coffee shop that sells decent coffee at a reasonable price and the whole shop just has a nice Irish atmosphere. Personally, I'm happy to pay a bit more for that, but I realise that not everyone can.

Kershaw likes this.
  11. Dadaist

Asda is just as cheap and Lidl and Aldi are cheaper.

If they felt that their annual Christmas advertising campaign was harming them they would change the ads. It is their most profitable time of the year after all.

12. Dadaist

There were, I believe 8 to 9 all white families portrayed in the ad.

13. Dadaist

Funny thing is, the staff in the local Tesco to me has an almost entirely white staff. While the Super Value had a few non white staff.

Life must be tiring if you choose your shop on the colour of the staff and customers. I am not knocking it. But it must be awful tiring in the long run.

14. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Not if there are two shops near your house and both are about the same distance away.

15. Dadaist

Not that it was the physical tiredness I was on about, but do you never shop when you are on the way home?

16. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

I have nothing against people with brown skin. But large numbers of brown skinned people are a disorder in Ireland.

Kershaw likes this.
  17. Anglophile

Anglophile Member Political Irish

18. amsterdemmetje

amsterdemmetje Member Political Irish

I shop in Tesco because aldi and Lidl are full of foreign muck. As everyone knows I'm a beer snob and dont touch any foreign phiss. Neither aldi or Lidl stock Ken , (short for Heineken) so I'm not going there and you can buy your clothes in Tesco too most of the time also and Lidl don't sell clothes . And there coffee is pure shite no Maxwell house there .

19. Dadaist

You buy your clothes in Tesco? ;)

20. Dadaist

You drink Heineken? ;)