• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

This year, Tesco's Christmas will have everything - except Christians

Dadaist

Political Irish
I have nothing against people with brown skin. But large numbers of brown skinned people are a disorder in Ireland.
So why use the term 'brown skinned' in relation to immigration in Ireland, if it's the large amounts of immigrants you have the issue with?

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Political Irish
Donator
So why use the term 'brown skinned' in relation to immigration in Ireland, if it's the large amounts of immigrants you have the issue with?

I certainly think the Eastern Europeans are a serious problem here, but they do come from the same general European religion and culture as we do. Also their genetic heritage is close to ours. For that reason, while they are a problem in excessive numbers - they are not as great a problem as brown skinned people in excessive numbers.

Dadaist

Political Irish
I certainly think the Eastern Europeans are a serious problem here, but they do come from the same general European religion and culture as we do. Also their genetic heritage is close to ours. For that reason, while they are a problem in excessive numbers - they are not as great a problem as brown skinned people in excessive numbers.
Yet you have 'nothing against people with brown skin'.

I see.

Dadaist

Political Irish
Yes. Its a well know fact that I am a beer snob and only drink Ken {short for heineken). Other beers like hophouse 13 are too hoppy for me.
I can't believe you have lived on the continent that long and you say such blasphemy.

Or is it that the homegrown Ken is better than the export pish?

Dadaist

Political Irish
Just everyday clothes. I buy my uniforms and boots in a specialsed shop.
Speaking of beers. Tesco do a fine Czech 500m bottle own brand beer for €1.39. Praga I think its called. I like to call it my everyday beer. Table beer, if you will.

amsterdemmetje

Political Irish
I was one of the
I can't believe you have lived on the continent that long and you say such blasphemy.

Or is it that the homegrown Ken is better than the export pish?
I was one of the First Irish people to go to the continent when Ireland became part of Europe . So I don't need your ilk coming on here and telling me about beer I ran a pub in Holland so know all there is to know about beer .

Dadaist

Political Irish
I was one of the

I was one of the First Irish people to go to the continent when Ireland became part of Europe . So I don't need your ilk coming on here and telling me about beer I ran a pub in Holland so know all there is to know about beer .

My ilk? What are you on about. There was no malice in any of my comments. Sorry if you feel aggrieved at the fact that I think Heineken is a bland enough larger.

Banter is not not your strong point Amster. You were the one who started talking about, 'foreign phiss'. Then all defensive about 'Ken'. Have a bit of craic, or don't. But don't berate me for calling your drink of choice píss when you call others the same.

PS - I asked this as a serious question: 'Or is it that the homegrown Ken is better than the export pish?'

maxflinn

Legend
Political Irish
Donator
My ilk? What are you on about. You are a very agressive man. There was no malice in any of my comments. Sorry if you feel aggrieved at the fact that I think Heineken is a bland enough larger.

Banter is not not your strong point Amster. You were the one who started talking about, 'foreign phiss'. Then all defensive about 'Ken'. Have a bit of craic, or don't. But don't berate me for calling your drink of choice píss when you call others the same.

PS - I asked this as a serious question: 'Or is it that the homegrown Ken is better than the export pish?'
This Amster isn't the one on P.ie, who's an arsehole.

This one is someone having a laugh, so take his/her comments with a pinch of salt.

Dadaist

Political Irish
This Amster isn't the one on P.ie, who's an arsehole.

This one is someone having a laugh, so take his/her comments with a pinch of salt.
I don't really care tbh. If it is not the P.ie Amster then it is pretending to be that Amster. Either way I have no interest in someone losing the cool because I said I didn't like a drink they drank. Especially considering their initial post had absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

2pacs

Donator
Political Irish
I don't really care tbh. If it is not the P.ie Amster then it is pretending to be that Amster. Either way I have no interest in someone losing the cool because I said I didn't like a drink they drank. Especially considering their initial post had absolutely nothing to do with the thread.
Its ok, I don't like that piss water either! :p

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Here it is, they left Tesco out because of the controversy! lol

It's easy to forget the true spirit of Christmas - producing the best advertisement and forcing your competitors into bankruptcy.

A concise 42 days before Christmas, we've been inundated with a selection of advertisements designed to tug at our heartstrings, then convince us to spend a large amount of money in those specific shops as a result.
But which one is the best? The criteria I'm looking for is simple, I want to find the advertisement that makes me feel something good. If there is a cute anthropomorphic animal involved, so be it.
In the interest of housekeeping, I'm omitting the Tesco ad because there was a heap of controversy surrounding it so I can no longer view it objectively in terms of feelings. Also, the Vodafone ad comes in four parts and I cannot find the fourth bit so therefore cannot judge it as a whole.

Behold, the definitive ranking of (almost) every 2017 Christmas advert (so far).
14. Sainsbury's - Every Bit Of Christmas

13. House of Fraser - Bring Merry Back

12. Aldi - Kevin The Carrot

11. Morrisons - Free From

10. Toys 'R' Us - Geoffrey The Part-Time Reindeer

9. Asda - Best Christmas Ever

8. Boots - Show Them You Know Them

7. John Lewis - Moz The Monster

6. Argos - Ready For Take Off

5. TK Maxx - A White Christmas

4. Lidl - Beautifully Normal
Beautifully Normal - Lidl's Global Christmas Advert