• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Twitter is interfering in Irish abortion referendum by shadow banning Pro Life accounts

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Premium Account

I see Breitbart did an article on how Twitter uses shadow banning to censor political views. It seems Twitter is interfering in the Irish abortion referendum by shadow banning Pro Life views. So much for the Russians. I've only been on Twitter for a week and I'm already shadow banned. Other Pro Life people are telling me that our side is being regularly shadow banned. Here the Breitbart article that explains what Shadow Banning is.

Twitter Censorship: What Is Shadow Banning? - Breitbart

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Premium Account
The referendum won't be won on twitter. The demographic of twitter is overwhelmingly pro-abortion. Facebook now is another question. Social media is important. But Irish twitter is a cesspit of the left.

Yes, I agree, but I don't think we should just let the Abortionist freaks have Twitter and say nothing about it. The fact that they are shadow banning me within a week shows that they are not very secure in their position there.

‘Shadow banning’: How Twitter secretly censors conservatives without them even knowing it

Macushla

Yes, I agree, but I don't think we should just let the Abortionist freaks have Twitter and say nothing about it. The fact that they are shadow banning me within a week shows that they are not very secure in their position there.

‘Shadow banning’: How Twitter secretly censors conservatives without them even knowing it
They're running scared because their proposed position (unconditional abortion on demand) in a healthy society would be seen as completely reprehensible. But we live in a sick decadent society. The sort of place that would vote for abortion because the gobshite who made Fr. Ted tells them to do so.

Twitter is a censorious snowflake vanity project that's never made any money. I have mulled over signing up occasionally but lost the will to live before I took the plunge. I also believe we've the worst of the snowflake freaks in the world here in Ireland and they are all nested there on twatter baying for infant blood in order to spite their hallucinations of McQuaid. Naturally those cretins don't get censored despite habitually expressing sentiments of extreme violence.

Still, it's a great way to watch all the snowflakes have collective aneurysms in the one place which gloriously happened with the rise of Donald Trump. It must be said, Twitter can be quite a joy for that.

Setantawatchl

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing
This is Fake news
Terrible "journalists"
The only bias was by the presenter and his laughable (ahem) journalist's leading questions.

You and the spud want to believe this nonsense

This is Fake news
Terrible "journalists"
The only bias was by the presenter and his laughable (ahem) journalist's leading questions.

A little knowledge would do you good because your knowledge vault is currently empty save for a few flies buzzing around.

So you have the directline to this "Jack" guy yourself? Get off the pitch will ya. Twatter 's hatred of anyone that challenges snowflake dogma is well known.

Setantawatchl

A little knowledge would do you good because your knowledge vault is currently empty save for a few flies buzzing around.

So you have the directline to this "Jack" guy yourself? Get off the pitch will ya. Twatter 's hatred of anyone that challenges snowflake dogma is well known.
By your own admission you're not on Twitter
You know sfa about it. You fall for a piece of rubbish propaganda from a dodgy right wing site. The journalists spoke to low level employees and fed them the most obvious leading questions and from that they came to their predicted conclusions. If that type of nonsense is how you garner knowledge then you are a sad buffoon.
The Throbster Tadhg puts out any old crap and you like it you are not thinking for yourself

By your own admission you're not on Twitter
You know sfa about it. You fall for a piece of rubbish propaganda from a dodgy right wing site. The journalists spoke to low level employees and fed them the most obvious leading questions and from that they came to their predicted conclusions. If that type of nonsense is how you garner knowledge then you are a sad buffoon.
The Throbster Tadhg puts out any old crap and you like it you are not thinking for yourself
I know several people on twatter that have been subjected to this kind of treatment first hand which one can verify oneself by having two accounts or else have another twitter user verify that tweets aren't appearing. I was aware of these issues long before I scanned the article knowing Twatter's infamous antipathy towards anyone that doesn't get with the snowflake program. I know you're kinda freaking out over this concept but it's just really not that implausible.

This is Fake news
Terrible "journalists"

Paul Nehlen who is a Republican Candidate for Congress in the United States was banned from Twitter yesterday.

Kershaw

Legend
Premium Account
How do you know you're shadowbanned?
Good way to check if you are shadowbanned is to tweet something and check the account of someone who follows you to see if it pops up their stream. Though twitter could limit a user's reach by only pushing their tweets into a percentage of your followers' streams.
However, I'd be cautious of definitively accusing them of shadow-banning you.
It's fairly difficult to get a tweet noticed on twitter especially for new accounts with few followers.
Most people probably see about 1 - 3% of the tweets posted by people they follow unless they sort the users they flollow into lists and check those.
When I log in to the main page, I'll just see the 10 tweets posted in the last 10 minutes until I check my lists or what people are talking about in my groups.
You can try and boost your signal by using hashtags or by being among the first tweeters who responds to someone famous.
Twitter really works best for famous people but it's a decent way to get a news stream too and snipe at opponents.

Anglophile

Meanwhile Proborts on Twitter are offering to pay young fools to travel home and vote,
and are hustling for 'canvassing expenses'....

Both illegal in a Referendum....

GodsDog

Pot kettle here I think.

You lot have bullied the shit out of the very few pro choice advocates that dare to post on this very forum.

Personally I don't dare post any more on the "pro life" threads here for fear of further mobbing and personal attacks.

And the open hostility from certain "pro life" posters has spread beyond just those threads