1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

What really grinds my gears

Discussion in 'Chat' started by anderson, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

Dont know anything about the Morans, where do they live mate?

2. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Respected Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

No comrade you dont. Of course I know that the only reason that anyone has more money than anyone else is because those who have more stole from the poor people what was rightfully theirs.
    It is only right that that the poor people have the right to insist that money is taken off those richer and handed out to those poorer.

3. Finished Symphony

Finished Symphony Member Political Irish

The planet is in Alice in Wonderland territory - Bank bailouts anyone? What a broken mess.

4. TheWexfordInn

Ah you are now talking about corrupt crony capitalism for which incompetent/corrupt/crony politicians and civil servants should shoulder the blame for letting corrupt businessmen get away with (financial) murder.

That is an entirely separate topic to the subject of the likes of Jeremy Corbyn believing in taxing the hell out of anyone who becomes rich through their hard work/exceptional ability/good luck which leads to the people who have earned their crust in that honest risk taking manner justifiably feeling rather miffed at those that would vote for Jeremy Corbyn.

5. Finished Symphony

I thought JC wanted to go after the multinationals.

6. TheWexfordInn

Everyone says they are going after the multinationals but up to now neither JC nor anyone else has come up with any workable plan about how this will achieved, it is a meaningless populist platitude which will never been delivered.

What will be delivered in the unlikely event JC comes to power is that he has stated that he will reduce the threshold of the 45 per cent rate from 150,000 to 80,000 and restore the 50 per cent tax rate (I don't believe he has stated what the threshold will be).
    And in the unlikely event he then gets re-elected his instinct will be to raise the higher rate back towards the eighty something percent it was at the last time a left wing Labour party was in power in the 70s.

7. Finished Symphony

I can see Labour back in a few years after the tory screw-ups. That might be his instinct regarding higher rates but who knows exactly?

I'm interested in MMT, could that be workable? I don't know the labour position on this. Anything that stops these tedious back and forth power games between the haves and have nots.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017