• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Where have all the (decent) republicans gone?

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
As some one who was not allowed to hear what Mr Adams had to say up until the early 90's (he was censored here in UK plc and you had some BBC wanker give a faux narrative of his actual dialogue) I think he deserves a fucking meddle, having to put up with cunts like the Paisleys and now that awful fucking bullfrog Arlene Hun. OK, it appears he has now sold out to poofery, but cut the poor cunt a bit of slack. Same goes for the late Martin McMurder.
To be honest, as a Republican, I'd say Paisley was always a much more decent and honest man than Adams ever was. And the BBC did Adams a huge favour by blocking his voice. That gave him an aura of mystery and profundity. Since we hear him all the time it has become obvious to everyone that he actually has nothing whatsoever to say.

Irish Warrior

Donator
I find it hard to get inside the minds' of republicans. Because I wasn't there. I wasn't in Sinn Fein or in the republican movement. So I can't really understand how they genuinely feel about all this guff. To me it'a shocking that this has been allowed to happen to such a radical nationalist organisation. But as someone who wasn't there and who's just looking in, I find it difficult to understand the mindset and importantly to find the solution?

Is there any hope of the republican movmement being rescued?
They are waking up. A source was telling me they've started targeting traitorous scum in the organisations and are working on removing them and their ideas for good.

OP
OP
Macushla
To be honest, as a Republican, I'd say Paisley was always a much more decent and honest man than Adams ever was. And the BBC did Adams a huge favour by blocking his voice. That gave him an aura of mystery and profundity. Since we hear him all the time it has become obvious to everyone that he actually has nothing whatsoever to say.
My late grandfather, an ardent republican, always maintained that if we'd had Paisley and they'd had Adams we could've won long ago.

OP
OP
Macushla
Very interesting point about Jim Lynagh. We always heard a lot about him. I never knew about his Mao-esque military aspirations. A damn shame he never succeeded in it. A main gripe I've always had with the IRA is that they coutdated seldom field a proper military battle. It was too often hit and run, shoot him, shoot her, bomb this. Seldom a proper military campaign. Although of course circumstances dictated they couldn't launch a Vietnam. And it's a shame that it was never an option. But of course by the time Adams came to the helm it was all about celebrity status and get out of jail free cards.

Interesting. I just can't stand the hand wringing and self righteousness of Paisley snr, whilst hiding behind the cloak of religion. So he may have mellowed during his latter years, but he was quite happy being armed to the teeth and went along for decades discriminating against those who identified themselves as Irish.
For what it is worth, my views are in a minority, as I am an English republican who would gladly feed the Saxe-Coburg benefit scroungers to wild boar. I can't stand royalist, jingoistic, braindead cunts.

Plasticpaddy

Respected Member
Sometimes I think that British born people of Irish parentage,especially English born ,what I call the Engrish are more Irish psychologically,than the modern Irish and more republican.

Sometimes I think that British born people of Irish parentage,especially English born ,what I call the Engrish are more Irish psychologically,than the modern Irish and more republican.
I have an Irish parent, like many of the people I went to school with. I don't identify with any nationality. As far as I am concerned, I pay rent through taxation to reside in UK plc. That's as far as my loyalty goes.
I do believe in the rule of law, providing said law is implemented without discrimination or favouritism, which unfortunately is something that too frequently appears to be overlooked in England.
I don't pay homage to tokens that oppress the masses, such as flags or tribal anthems. Life is what you make it, not what some other power hungry wanker tells you it should or shouldn't be.

Plasticpaddy

Respected Member
Some sippin' chianti
Some livin' in shanty
World peace can it ever be
Om shanti,om shanti,om shanti.

They are still many good republicans but the republican movement is shattered several times over. The Brits are masters at divide and rule, it was these techniques that sustained their empire. It's a basic technique but it works. Rinse and repeat. The provos, problem, is they went on too long, the sheer largesse of the Brits wore them down and the Brits where then able to split people off, and herd people off into a vortex of careerism.