• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Why do some posters care so much about Israel and Palestine?

TheKing

Donator
Political Irish

I'm always baffled why the issues between Israel and Palestine bother Irish people so much, it has nothing to do with us and instead of worrying about issues elsewhere should you not be more interested in issues at home?

The Israel/Palestine issue is something that has been going on for years and its something that won't be solved here or anywhere else. Like all history, the only way issues like this are solved is by having a winner and a loser. In this case, Israel is the winners and will continue to be the winners as long as they are supported by other powerful countries.

There are conflicts and issues all over the world, why do people think they have a right to voice their opinions and demands over this issue?

OP
OP
TheKing

TheKing

Donator
Political Irish
The Holocaust of the Palestinians is the mirror image of the Holocaust that was perpetrated on us. Add to that the fact that it was Brit imperialism that set up the Zionist Colony, and you can see the reason why we oppose it.
But there are awful things happening all over the world.

Do you not think the people of Israel have a right to exist in a land of their own?

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
But there are awful things happening all over the world.

Do you not think the people of Israel have a right to exist in a land of their own?

Do you think that the Irish have a right to invade Switzerland and ethnically cleanse all the German speaking people there - just because Switzerland was Celtic 2,000 years ago and had some of the most important Celtic religious sites in Europe?

OP
OP
TheKing

TheKing

Donator
Political Irish
Do you think that the Irish have a right to invade Switzerland and ethnically cleanse all the German speaking people there - just because Switzerland was Celtic 2,000 years ago and had some of the most important Celtic religious sites in Europe?
Its hardly the same thing, the Irish for one do not hold a belief that the land of Switzerland was given to us by God. The Celts no longer really exist, certainly modern day Irish are not really Celts.

OP
OP
TheKing

TheKing

Donator
Political Irish
is this thread here becuz he got pissed off with earlier israel thread this morning.
Not quite, its a genuine question as to why some posters feel the urge to defend Muslims. It's strange because some people get scared about Muslims invading Ireland and yet they have no issue with Muslims invading Jewish lands.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Its hardly the same thing, the Irish for one do not hold a belief that the land of Switzerland was given to us by God. The Celts no longer really exist, certainly modern day Irish are not really Celts.

So if the Irish believed that Switzerland was given to us by God, we'd have the right to invade it and kill the people who live there now?

OP
OP
TheKing

TheKing

Donator
Political Irish
So if the Irish believed that Switzerland was given to us by God, we'd have the right to invade it and kill the people who live there now?
Not the thing that is done today, but certainly if we were powerful enough back in the day I would have expected the Irish to defend their rights, especially rights they believed were given to them by God.

If the rebellion in Ireland had never have happened when it did it certainly wouldn't happen today because in a modern world we don't use terrorist attacks to get what we want, not do we rebel.

Not quite, its a genuine question as to why some posters feel the urge to defend Muslims. It's strange because some people get scared about Muslims invading Ireland and yet they have no issue with Muslims invading Jewish lands.
wed defend them if they were hare krishnas atheists and guess what king - even jews.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator

It's not about defending Muslims. It's about being on the side of Anti-Imperialism and justice. I'm against Muslims invading Ireland, because I'm an Anti-Imperialist. If I'm an Anti-Imperialist, then I must be against the Zionist invasion of Palestine.

It's not that hard to deduce really.

The ME is a major energy hub and geopolitical faultline. So country or countries setting the place on fire is a world problem.

The Israeli terror state has parallels with Cromwell's colonisation and expulsions.

"Israel" has been established by the West and its murderous campaigns has been funded by the West, So the Israeli terror state's activities is "on us".

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Not the thing that is done today, but certainly if we were powerful enough back in the day I would have expected the Irish to defend their rights, especially rights they believed were given to them by God.

If the rebellion in Ireland had never have happened when it did it certainly wouldn't happen today because in a modern world we don't use terrorist attacks to get what we want, not do we rebel.

But it was the thing done in 1948? And it continues today as the Zionists continue to push Palestinians off their land and set up illegal Zionist settlements.

Zionists are cynical atheists, they have a good cackle when Western secularists claim that God gave them dat land.

They should be given a state in America. They'd be surrounded by friends and no Palestinians to threaten them. They'd be as safe as houses forever more.

Why doesn't that happen? Because Israel's actual purpose is to control the region on behalf of the West. Although "Israel" has since become a unwieldy Frankenstein monster from that initial purpose.

I cannot speak for others but Zionists really annoy me for the same reason that a lot of Ulster Unionists do- the completely brazen hypocrisy. I often say to myself that thank God we Ulster Scots are on average considerably thicker than Jews otherwise we could easily be as problematic as the likes of roc_ to humanity at large. Just imagine Arlene Foster or William Frazer if they had a couple of brain cells to rub together.

maxflinn

Legend
Donator

I'm always baffled why the issues between Israel and Palestine bother Irish people so much, it has nothing to do with us and instead of worrying about issues elsewhere should you not be more interested in issues at home?

The Israel/Palestine issue is something that has been going on for years and its something that won't be solved here or anywhere else. Like all history, the only way issues like this are solved is by having a winner and a loser. In this case, Israel is the winners and will continue to be the winners as long as they are supported by other powerful countries.

There are conflicts and issues all over the world, why do people think they have a right to voice their opinions and demands over this issue?

Why do you care that so many people care about the plight of the Palestinian people?

By the way, that vid you posted isn't a brief history, it's fake news!

Why do some posters care so much about Israel and Palestine ?
I'm always baffled why the issues between Israel and Palestine bother Irish people so much, it has nothing to do with us and instead of worrying about issues elsewhere should you not be more interested in issues at home? The Israel/Palestine issue is something that has been going on for years and its something that won't be solved here or anywhere else. Like all history, the only way issues like this are solved is by having a winner and a loser. In this case, Israel is the winners and will continue to be the winners as long as they are supported by other powerful countries. There are conflicts and issues all over the world, why do people think they have a right to voice their opinions and demands over this issue?
Because the existence of modern Israel is fulfillment of ancient Hebrew scripture prediction that Israel would be dispersed and later reborn.

Thus all the anti-God-of-the-Bible people hope for the destruction of Israel which would discredit the Hebrew scripture prediction.

While pro-God-of-the-Bible people hope for and expect modern Israel to survive. Ezekiel 38-39. Sooner the better

maxflinn

Legend
Donator
Because the existence of modern Israel is fulfillment of ancient Hebrew scripture prediction that Israel would be dispersed and later reborn.

Thus all the anti-God-of-the-Bible people hope for the destruction of Israel which would discredit the Hebrew scripture prediction.

While pro-God-of-the-Bible people hope for and expect modern Israel to survive. Ezekiel 38-39. Sooner the better
My support for the Palestinian people has nothing to do with the fullfillment or otherwise of any ancient Hebrew scriptures prediction.

I support them because they've been terrorised for over 50 years by a brutal military occupation and deserve their freedom from oppression.

Are you Jewish or Christian?