1. Welcome to Political Irish. Guests may post but all posts are restricted to approval. Why not open a free account and join our other members and post without restriction. Click Here to sign up!

'Why I'm happy I gave birth to my rapist's baby' - Brave woman on her unimaginable choice

Discussion in 'Health and Social Affairs' started by Ire-land, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Ire-land

Ire-land Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Very encouraging to see a story like this in the Indo, credit to them where credit is due. Great read too, and a lovely story.

Also, if there’s a general thread on the abortion topic, can someone link me to it, I’d probably just have put this in there.

———

"A woman has said that she knows giving birth to her rapist's baby was the right choice for her as "something positive has come from this."

Laura Ni Chonghaile (66) was date-raped on a work trip by a colleague in 1977 and has now opened up about her tough decision about whether to keep her baby."

'Why I'm happy I gave birth to my rapist's baby' - Brave woman on her unimaginable choice - Independent.ie

2. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Respected Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

say What?

3. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Fair play to her for keeping her baby and for speaking out. It's magnificent women like these that the Trot vermin are using violence to try to intimidate into silence.

Ire-land and maxflinn like this.
  4. Myles O'Reilly

Her Da was very supportive lol

"If ye lie down with a Dog you'll get up with flees"

5. Tadhg Gaelach

And you wonder why Ireland is such a kip now. That man had a saint for a daughter - but he was too much of a pig to know it.

Ire-land and maxflinn like this.
  6. Myles O'Reilly

Ach he were just an old school aul fella

7. Tadhg Gaelach

Yes, precisely the sort who got us to where we are now.

Ire-land likes this.
  8. OP
    Ire-land

With respect to her father, she never told him she’d been raped, so he was presumably working on the assumption that she was having premarital sex, something that was frowned upon for many reasons at the time. Ireland has arguably gone done hill for embracing the lifestyle that he was against, so it would be hard for me to see our problems being due to the likes of him.

Overall though, for such great families to have come out of such a horrible event, really is remarkable, and is an inspiration for all people facing the worst of hardships in Ireland today.

It opened my eyes too to the idea of adoption in these cases, for some reason I hadn’t thought enough about that. I’d have tended to be on the side of being for abortion in cases of rape, and tbh I’d say I still am, the morning after pill for sure. That sort of violation isn’t something I can contemplate, or feel I’d have the right to have a strong opinion counter to the woman's desire. But again, this story just shows what’s possible even in the worst cases, and clearly she’s a more content woman today having dealt with it the way she did. And no doubt her daughter agrees.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  9. Tadhg Gaelach

I think the particular shit mess we're in now started with the post WW2 generation in Europe, so he would be very much part of all that. But even before that, Ireland had become a place where the majority couldn't afford to get married and settle down, and yet were denied sexual contact. That was a criminally insane social structure, and I believe that criminal insanity led directly to the criminal insanity we have today where the majority of young people still can't afford to marry and settle down - but are encouraged to regard sexuality as a throw-a-way commodity - abortion to be the safety valve.

Ire-land likes this.
  10. OP
    Ire-land

You said he was 'precisely the sort' who got us into this mess, I just don’t see how you’re coming to that conclusion.

We've all been a part of the generation that watched and accepted our total cultural destruction, and also watched as our democratic will was pissed on twice.

Does that make us precisely the sort who got us into this mess?

Tbh, it probably does, because other than pissing and moaning about it on the internet, or arguing about it over a few pints, we’ve collectively done fuck all to stop it. So we’re probably just as guilty or as innocent as her father was.

11. GodsDog

GodsDog Member Political Irish

For FUCKS sake lads!!

What you are advocating is a rapists charter

Rapists can just rape any woman and be rewarded in a very fundamental darwinian sense
    by having their rapist spawn, with any woman of their choice, get to walk the earth and continue their rapist sociopathic line
    into the future.

Rapist's babies should never be allowed to be born.

And what happens when all the muslim immigrants you all hate start raping all our Irish women??
    Should their rapist spawn be allowed to walk the earth as a reward for their crimes too?

Abortion should be allowed in the case of rape with no exceptions.

12. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

A prohibition on abortion reduces the chance of women getting exploited as free abortion allows serial rapists and abusers to perpetuate their abuse for longer whilst destroying the consequence of their action. You can also ensure that the rapists never learns that the woman has a child.

Notwithstanding the injustice of slaughtering an entirely innocent baby that has done nothing wrong and the implications of forced abortion on an already brutalised woman, you should not add to the victim tally of the rapist. The rapist should not have that satisfaction.

13. Generation Snowflake

Generation Snowflake Member Political Irish

There are lots of reasons the post ww2 generation have fucked us, but one of the primary reasons we are a mess, is the we are all working off different understandings of how x or y should be done. Our morals are pick and mix.

Does the potential child have a say in any of this ?

Are women to be treated like men, or is this another case of every which way but lose, another special case depending on x,y or ill make it up as I go along because im a women ?

Whats the difference if the women rapes the man and she gets pregnant, vs the man rapes the women and she gets pregnant ? Are we aborting one and not the other, or both or neither ?

14. GodsDog

GodsDog Member Political Irish

A woman should not have pregnancy by a rapist enforced on her.
    That is WRONG in a very fundamental way.

It gives a reward to a rapist by having his rapist genes propagated into the future to further pollute our planet
    with more sociopaths, violent people, people with little or no impulse control, selfish "my pleasure comes before what's best for the common good" people.

Like the world needs more FG types! :p

The morning after pill is all that is needed here, not abortion. just a single evil rapist zygote is flushed, not a child as such.
    MOP should be compulsory after rape IMHO

15. Tadhg Gaelach

A victim of a Muslim grooming gang spoke out recently. She was serially raped from the age of fourteen and was forced to have seven abortions. Abortion was being used to cover up the serial rape of a minor. There is a video taken in the USA where Planned Parenthood staff was assuring a man who pretended to be a pimp with underage girls that he could bring them for abortions with no questions asked.

The Potato Mystic likes this.
  16. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Nope. Infanticide is wrong in a fundamental way. If you don't understand that, then I don't know what to say to you.

Doctors managing things so both lives are saved is the most natural thing in the world. Leaving a mother and a dead baby is perverse.

A baby is an independent human being and should not be killed on the back of taboos or for the crimes of a father. We don't jail the children of bankrobbers.

FG types imposed that brutal dickensian law that kills the children of distressed people. We don't need more brutalised mothers and dead babies, we need care in place to protect and heal them both.

17. OP
    Ire-land

Where are you guys on the morning after pill?

18. Tadhg Gaelach

The problem with all of those things is that they are part and parcel of this criminal society and the criminal attitude that goes with it - get drunk, fuck around, and then pop a pill to make it seem like it all never happened. Of course, there's no morning after pill if you get a dose of AIDS or some other such incurable disease.

Ire-land likes this.
  19. OP
    Ire-land

I completely agree.

But from an ethical perspective in the case of rape, how do you see it?

20. Tadhg Gaelach

I'd be in favour of it being available. It's not a good thing, but in extreme cases and as long as its used very quickly, then it may be an acceptable balance of good and evil.

Ire-land likes this.