1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

'Why I'm happy I gave birth to my rapist's baby' - Brave woman on her unimaginable choice

Discussion in 'Health and Social Affairs' started by Ire-land, Oct 8, 2017.

1. OP
    Ire-land

Ire-land Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Yeah, I think it’s only fair, and seeing as it would be precautionary at that point, without actual knowledge of a pregnancy, then I think it's also as close to being morally sound as it gets. Even though I accept to some it still wouldn’t be the moral thing to do.

It's been available in Ireland as far as I know, is that commonly understood?

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I'd say most people know its available without a prescription.

Ire-land likes this.
  3. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Respected Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

You're taking it as a given she was raped in the first place. I'm taken towards her father's point of view.

4. GodsDog

GodsDog Member Political Irish

A zygote is not a baby. It's a few cells in the earliest stage of development with the future potential to become a fully realised human being.
    The mother is a fully realised human being..

Your assertion that a zygote is (currently) a human being is fallacious. It is just some cells with potential.

If you believe a zygote is a baby then no doubt you also believe other things that consist mostly of future possibilities and probabilities but not current actualities such as , for example that you are currently president if Ireland and human beings have landed on mars. Both are possibilities in the future but not actualities now.

And some with a higher probability than others. :p

The morning after pill after rape should be legally compulsory to deter rapists in a very Darwinian fashion from benefitting in the genetic lottery by a strategy of going around raping women and producing offspring that way like some sort of human cuckoo bird or parasitical wasp.

If you believe otherwise spud then logically, why aren't you out raping gorgeous women you see
    then letting the law force them to incubate your evil rapist cuckoo spawn
    in order to propagate your genes into the future rather than posting here?

5. OP
    Ire-land

Spoken like a true animal loving Vegan.

6. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

At successful conception, where development has commenced we have a human being. It ain't half a packet of crisps and half human, now that would be fallacious. It's fully human -- that would be accurate if politically/ideologically inconvenient in a world where abortion carnage has been institutionalised and the dehumanisation of babies in the womb is judged a political necessity. So at conception we have offspring and if it's developing and its life is being naturally sustained, it's going to wake up. And this is morally the same as a child, unaware, asleep in the crib who has "potential" as you put it. And I assume there's agreement here we can't kill babies asleep and unaware in the crib whom also have "potential"?

Abortion is unjust on its own terms and as well as it being a weapon which perpetuates the abusers' abuse as he can simply destroy the evidence of his abuse via abortion without burdening himself with consequence of the abuse -- namely a child. Abortion is a weapon to subjugate women and destroy their children and I don't believe it's permissible under any circumstance. (Initiating treatment to save the mother but treatment which results in the death of a child, is not abortion because the intention is to save the mother whereby the death of the child is an incidental consequence of this treatment and not the end-goal of the treatment)

I'll always respect human beings on their own terms and won't disrespect, insult them, make permissable their murder or ostracise them for the crimes of their relatives or some other stigma.

The lady that spoke at the conference, who was the daughter of rape, is a great and pure woman. Of better calibre than most people in this country of that I have no doubt. Go to her face and call her an "evil cuckoo bird" or a "parasitical wasp"(?).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  7. GodsDog

When the local tomcat rapist rapes my cat, I'd give her the morning after pill too. :p

a zygote is not a baby. It's a small number of cells with the potential to become a human.
    If you think it is an actual human at that point, you're a knee jerk religious zealot.

I'm pretty certain that every day of your life, by a series of lazy life choices you are silently complicit in the systemic mass torture
    and exploitation and slaughter of millions of actual living creatures every day merely for corporate profits.

That makes you a hypocrite in your fundamentalist approach to what is and isn't worthy life.

Many of these fully developed animals that are tortured and slaughtered by proxy for your pleasures are valid living entities
    far more developed than a cluster of cells.

So, sonny boy, you're not really in a position to judge me ethically regarding my opinion on what a zygote is.

I respect the fundamental desire of actualised animals and humans to carry on living without being tortured, slaughtered, or eaten unnecessarily.
    in that sense I am at least somewhat logically consistent in my beliefs. You aren't.

8. The Potato Mystic

At conception and commencement of development you have a child, essentially.

Animal smooching whilst thinking infanticide is permissible for the acts of a third party are definitely sentiments of a very radical misanthropy.

Ire-land and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  9. Tadhg Gaelach

You are ignoring the whole science of biology - and replacing it with some kind of pseudo-philosophy. We don't get "some cells" with potential to become members of a particular species. Either they already are a member of that species - or they never will be.

10. Tadhg Gaelach

So the rapist would force the victim to submit to sex - and you would then force her to submit to abortion?

11. Tadhg Gaelach

The problem here is that your moment of actualization must be arbitrary. One person may say that moment is 20 weeks in the womb, another that its the moment of birth, another - like the Jews - three weeks after birth, another that it never happens for handicapped people, etc. etc. etc.

12. GodsDog

Dumbass. You don't even seem to understand the posts you reply to!

The cuckoo bird and the parasitical wasp is the actual rapist himself,
    not the unfortunate victim he foists his evil sociopath sperm on
    nor his offspring.

But it IS fair to say that that woman does carry the genes of a rapist into the future and
    is a very real living reward for his crime. And it certainly sends the wrong Darwinian signal to rapists,
    i.e. that they can take a shortcut to win the genetic lottery by a strategy of raping women and having them reduced to involuntary brood mares for their offspring. That is why I would advocate the morning after pill being compulsory for rape victims.
    because violent crimes against other human beings should not be rewarded. You obviously must think they should be rewarded.

If you won't take the time to read and comprehend my posts before responding claiming I am saying stuff I didn't actually say or imply
    then how can you reasonably expect other people to bother taking the time to read and understand your posts?

Address the actual points made not shit strawmen you made up.

13. OP
    Ire-land

No, the difference between me and you, is that I respect all life, and I’m fully aware of my impact on them, both negative and positive. You have this oddly contrived version of what’s valuable that conveniently fits with what you value. As they say, you know you’ve created god in your own image when he hates all the things that you hate. Or in this case, what he values.

And Sonny boy? My god...

14. GodsDog

In the case of rapists, I am talking about the morning after pill. Not abortion after 20 weeks which I am not in favour of.
    You can't compare being forced to take the morning after pill after rape to a girl being 20 weeks pregnant and deciding to have an abortion.
    Huge difference.

If a woman is raped then leaves it for 20 weeks before getting an abortion then she is an idiot,
    and her position is very hard to justify ethically IMHO.

By making the MOP compulsory after rape then all grey areas are removed from the equation
    after a rape. There will be no 20 week rapist baby abortions if it is the law and is compulsorily carried out by the doctor examining.

This thread is about the aftermath of rape not abortion per se. I am offering my simple logical solution to this narrow issue.

There are other threads dealing with the act of abortion itself. Please leave the issue of outlier cases of 20 week abortions to those.

15. GodsDog

No you don't you faker. What did you have for dinner?

The difference between us "sonny boy" is that I am more consistent in my respect for actual living beings, both human and non human, than you are. I believe in not torturing or killing living beings unnecessarily nor getting proxies to torture and kill them for me.

You however believe in allowing this to be done in your name by proxy when it suits you then at the other extreme, in zooming in and getting on your high horse over a fucking clump of cells.

I am not the odd one here. Your cognitive dissonance and your insistence on defending the indefensible in the face of the hard evidence is what is really odd here.

Much easier to diss the "wierdo" than to take a hard look
    at your own contradictory value system though isn't it?

16. OP
    Ire-land

That compassion of yours really knows no bounds, does it.

17. Myles O'Reilly

Should Rats be allowed the morning after pill Dr Dolittle?

18. OP
    Ire-land

Faker? That’s a doozy.

For dinner last night I negatively impacted the life of a chicken, I negatively impacted the life of a broccoli flower, and I negatively impacted the lives of some carrots.

How about you, what lives did you end for dinner last night?

19. Myles O'Reilly

He has said before that eating vegetables is evil to be fair. Maybe he had some rice.

20. The Potato Mystic

Settle down. I apologise for my misunderstanding there as I'm trying to complete a couple of lengthy posts on a couple of subjects and I prefer to post briefly these days. So misunderstandings may arise.

I don't believe that people's behaviour or disposition is predetermined by their genetics. It's plausible it may influence behaviour but good character, upbringing and sheer will can overcome any problems they may inherit. And they may inherit nothing of the disposition of the father. And I've met those of that type. It's all very arbitrary.

A rapist looks for sexual gratification first and foremost and a child obstructs that. The rapist may equally be satisfied with two victims instead of one. But on the off-chance the rapist feels himself "rewarded" than an information blackout can be imposed around him and he need not know of the child.

I would "reward" the rapist. And the reward I have in mind for him is castration and you betchya he ain't gonna to be bothered about anything other than his missing member and any hypotehtrhical "Darwinian brownie points" won will fly back of right out the window with that kind of "reward".

So there's plenty of creative solutions which doesn't involve adding an unnecessary dead body to the rapists tally of victims.