1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Wonderful Interview on Late Late with Jayo Sherlock - Immigrant

Discussion in 'Immigration & Refugees' started by Liberal D4'er, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Liberal D4'er

Liberal D4'er Member Political Irish

Late Late Show viewers were very moved by GAA star Jason Sherlock

Wonderful to see the supportive tweets of this fabulous sports star without which Dublin wouldn't have won the 1995 All IReland.

Wonderful positive story of immigration in Ireland and how offspring can be successfully integrated and contribute to our society.

Legend.

2. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Quite a lot of the Crimebank's Policies came from the Nazi's, no wonder you support it- you're obviously a paid up Member of The Nazi Party, referring to Jayo as an "Immigrant" even though he was born in Dublin in 1976...

3. OP
    Liberal D4'er

His father was an immigrant.

Sorry I thought he had come to the country with his father.

Still a positive story to your detriment.

4. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Member Political Irish

Any sign of the Late Late show giving an interview to it's former Black RTE Employee Kevin Sharkey on his condemnation of the immigration tsunami being inflicted on Ireland?

Maybe RTE won't because they are all a bunch of virtue signalling D4 liberals living in their overwhelmingly white areas who condemn him as a racist?

[​IMG]

Balbriggan 'pushed to the edge' claims candidate Sharkey - Independent.ie

BrianBoru, mikeo, Superhans and 7 others like this.
  5. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I lose the will to live watching even 5 minutes of duh Late Late show.

One of the big things this country needs to do if it is to ever rise again is kick the TV to the kerb. There's just no way around that.

BrianBoru and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  6. Dublin 4

You'll never make it as Gobbells II apologising for mistakes like that lol

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  7. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Never a more true assessment. I stopped watching TV at least 10 years ago. I will watch a debate and I did watch the superbowl this year at my brothers house because my daughter wished to watch with her cousin. Otherwise, forget about it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  8. El Chaval.

El Chaval. Member Political Irish

Nobody has a problem with controlled immigration.

This is just an anecdote. Irrelevent to the greater debate.

9. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Ireland needs very little, if any immigration. Perhaps we need a few good sushi chefs, but that's about it.

Dublin 4 likes this.
  10. Una

Una Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

He made it clear in the interview that he did Everything to ignore the Other Half of his Ethnic Heritage & Ancestry, which Remains, & is still part of him. You seem to be suggesting that the Irish people should be almost Only made up of immigrants, or of those with a 2nd Ethnic Heritage. & that we should be almost grateful, as if the Irish People of 100% IRISH Ethnic Heritage & Ancestry, have No Right to Their Own Homeland.

BrianBoru and Dublin 4 like this.
  11. JohnG

JohnG New Member Political Irish

Apart from the fact that Dublin have won many an All-Ireland, with or without Jayo since that date, your gaffe about his country-of-birth is telling, in a number of respects.

For a start he is not an "immigrant", he was born here and his mother is a native. If you had paid attention a little more closely and ignored your natural tendency as a D4 Liberal to listen only to your own echo chamber, you will have noticed he was pretty scathing of the paternal side of the equation. In fact he is quite clear about his intention not to identify with Chinese culture:
    "That, not surprisingly, was one part of their culture [Red Envelopes]I had no problem with and nudged me to go visit them on more than one occasion!"

Sherlock has been courted by the media from an early point in this career, such as it was, I recall he was promoted at every opportunity by RTE and MSM as a token "blackman" ignoring the fact that he is of Asian origin, but what does that matter when you can sock it to the 'racists'.

You are obviously still locked in a 1990's attitude that even Sherlock admits is now passé:
    "I am conscious, however, since Louise and I have had our own kids, that they know their grandfather was Chinese, from Hong Kong, and that they acknowledge it.
    It was amazing for me to see the kids growing up, listening to them explain to their friends how one of their grandfathers was Chinese. That was that then. Done."

You might consider paying a visit to one of his book signings planned for November, problem is they are on the Northside, if I recall, and it might be a bit of a shock for a D4 liberal to come face-to-face the reality of multi-ethnic Dublin on the other side of the Liffey.

'Nuff said.

Tadhg Gaelach and Kershaw like this.
  12. OP
    Liberal D4'er

What is telling is that you are against immigrants in this country.

Isolationism and bigotry is a thing of the past in Ireland.

Down with communism.

Edit: There are plenty of multi cultural people south of the Liffey.

There may be more North of the Liffey as they might be further progressed than us on the Southside such is the class of the conservatives. It's shocking how white Ireland is. And it's a thing of shame.

How are we supposed to help the afflicted around the planet if we are only helping ourselves?

How are we supposed to act out in acts of charity if we are so bound up in keeping to ourselves - it's not a good policy to keep to your self. It's selfish.

And don't give me the charity starts at home rubbish. If we are cut off from the rest of the world there is no chance to help seriously hurting people around the planet.

And to those who say we can help other nations but not let them into IReland you are speaking double talk. You are pretending to feign purity when the reality is you are just imperialistic and don't want our country overrun and want to overrun other countries. The reason anti-immigrationists hold so steadfastly to their beliefs is because they see their survival at stake and the survival of the Irish race at stake. They don't see the fact that the colour of your skin is irrelevant.

To these people I say read the words of Jesus and allow the afflicter (if that's really what immigrants are) to kill us first. This is the way to purity - not to stop them and then overrun them ourselves with our spreading hatred into their homelands through the purity of our bigotry.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  13. Dublin 4

You hate Jayo & only want to use him

14. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Member Political Irish

Who has said they dont want to help people around the planet?

Sure lets help them. Help them turn their countries into countries that people want to live in.

No one is being helped by turning our countries into the shitholes that they were desperate to escape from.

15. Dublin 4

This savage Misfit D4'er wants to con Irish People into helping others to the Detriment of Irish - it's a Pain Swap that no-one has voted for.

Our Soldiers have done so much for the UN that we have no Fishing Fleet.

Other Countries have to help themselves.

16. OP
    Liberal D4'er

Yes yes - everyone in Ireland will follow your Jesuit opinions. They always have done.
    You have nothing wrong with you you're a perfectly normal west brit.

17. Dublin 4

Neither a Jesuit nor West Brit.

Respect Consent - never be a Demographic Rapist :smiley:

18. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Charity begins at home ladies and gentlemen.

"Charity" doesn't happen when you sink endless cash into the big NGOs and their pet projects; chaos happens and some fatcats waddle off with a big wage.

19. El Chaval.

I don't mind self sufficient, retired folk, or spouses of Irish citizens etc.

As long as they have enough money to fend for themselves, have no criminal record, and they agree to no welfare for the first ten years. I'm fine.

What we don't need are Big Issue sellers from Romania and unqualified Africans or Arabs.

20. El Chaval.

The media attitude is incredibly patronising.
    "Oh, you're an thnic and you like to play gaelic??? How fab!"

Sherlock needs to tell them to get off his back, and stop playing the race card with his life.