1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

You win a few million on the lottery, what would you do next?

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Sinbad, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Sinbad

Sinbad Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

You will a few million on the lottery, what would you do next?

I was thinking about this last night and wondering what would I do if I won the lottery, say a modest sum of 5 million or so, what would I do next?

Would I still be engaged in politics or would I head off somewhere warmer such as Spain or Portugal? Buy a piece of land and build my bunker fortress, live comfortable for the rest of my days knowing that my children and grandchildren would be as comfortable as me, give up on my country and put it down to a loss that cant be overturned.

Or would I plow thousands into my own campaigns, even a political party and fight to regain back my country and save the Irish people from their own fate?

What would you do?

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. Una

Una Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I'd drag our Gov. to Court.., Over & Over again.
    Yr optimistic to say the least talking about yr grandchildren, don't think the world will make it that far, on the verge of big change, or a 'contrived' War.
    don't u think?

Myles O'Reilly and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  3. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

It would depend on how many millions. Anything less than say 15 and you just concentrate on yourself.
    15 to 50 then you start a clan or a church like organisation.
    50 and up, then you start a tribe of maybe a thousand people, as many as possible related and hopefully all similiar.

4. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

My idea would be something like Dan's. We need to breed an new Irish race. This one is rotten to the core.

5. Youngdan

See we agree on a fundamental. Now it is to be determined how this 1000 person group should actually be viable economically, Santa would not be permanent, they actually would have to pay for their needs.

6. Tadhg Gaelach

But not as a thousand atomized individuals - that's the key point.

7. Youngdan

No, you have your little tribe now, they have to sustain themselves.The only way is to actually as a tribe produce a profit. If not they die off. Santa does not exist.

8. Tadhg Gaelach

I agree with that, but the tribe must impose order for all and order includes protecting and organising the weaker members of the tribe so that they can contribute to their maximum potential. It would be particularly criminal to leave young women unable to reproduce.

9. Youngdan

But the unit must make a profit, that is your position.

10. Tadhg Gaelach

Of course the unit must produce at least as much as it consumes. Unless it can manage to plunder neighbouring tribes, which would probably be difficult these days.

11. Youngdan

No plunder, we seek a profit based enterprise.

12. Tadhg Gaelach

Well, what one seeks and what one gets may not be the same thing. Humankind spent about two million years plundering neighbouring tribes to supplement their production - it's hard to change old ways. And as we see, the USA still funds its deficit by plundering the rest of the world.

13. Finished Symphony

Finished Symphony Member Political Irish

I dunno, something like this. First thing that came to mind.

14. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Respected Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I'd buy me an Alfa 159 or Octy VRS. Not very exciting given I'd have 5 mill but driving round in a crazy expensive car wouldn't suit my bogger looking head.